The Divoom Aurabox LED Speaker is more than the name suggests. Yes it is a portable speaker with an impressive 3” 5 watt driver giving up to 75 decibels of crystal clear music, and yes it does have an LED but what you can do with it is simply incredible.
This little box of wonder will keep you up to date with your social media life as well as let you use it as a hands free speaker – so you can stay connected at all times. It doesn’t just ‘bing’ when you get a notification though. Oh no. The Aurabox takes it one step further and will display the notification icon across the screen, so you’ll see an ‘F’ for Facebook, a ‘T’ for twitter, a red phone for a missed call and so on.
Eight preset modes are already built into the speaker but if you aren’t happy with them then you can create your own on the free app. Using the LED Drawing Board, you can design any 8-bit pixel drawing with a multitude of colours or go all out and create some awesome animations!
Preset modes include:
- Clock – digital clock display
- Temperature – uses the temperature sensor to display temperatures in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Halo – choose a single colour to use as a bright flashlight or soft mood light
- Rainbow – a vibrant patterned display of all colours
- Graphic equalizer – lights move in time with the music
- Party rock – arrow animations in vivid colours
- Countdown – countdown to the explosion of colour!
- Imagination – an off the charts, random animation
The Divoom Aurabox LED Speaker is stylish to look at too, even without any animations on. A smooth and sleek black box with soft touch buttons on the top for easy use. You can connect via Bluetooth 4.0 or go old school with a 3.5mm jack, and with a battery life of up to 6 hours, and range of up to 10 metres, this little gadget is sure to be your new favourite speaker/light/animation screen.