The technology in remote control helicopters has improved vastly over the past few years and it doesn’t seem to be stopping. Techies out there will understand the great improvement that comes with moving away from Infrared and onto a broader bandwidth. Not only do your helicopter signals not get interrupted but you also get a larger range and can fly more helicopters at once – and this is exactly what the U8-S offers.
The U8-S helicopter is a three channel indoor helicopter which means you get three planes of movement, up and down, left and right, and forward and back. These slick helicopters have a hard robust shell to protect all the gears and motors so they can withstand overconfident flying and coming into contact with the kitchen table a few times. As they are 3 channel copters, they are easy to fly and great for beginners. The U8-S is like one of our other indoor helicopters, the U4. Both are incredibly easy to fly only this one is a little bit bigger than its predecessor.
With most copters you have to get one of each colour so they are on different frequencies and can be flown together. Whereas since these come on a 2.4Ghz band they can be flown with multiple helicopters at one time. Charging your new helicopter is easy peasy via the USB cable provided, you can even purchase a USB mains plug charger from our spares department.
- Small indoor remote control helicopter
- Fly up to ten helicopters at once
- Built in gyroscope
- Easy to fly 3 channel
- Controller has LCD display
- Measures approx. 20cm x 5cm x 11cm
- Requires 4 x AA batteries
- Charge via USB cable
- 2.4Ghz bandwidth
- 3.7V 160 mAh lithium polymer battery
- Charge time approx. 45 – 60 minutes
- Flight time approx. 6 - 8 minutes
Customer Reviews Write a Review >
Great Heli but where are the spares? - Review by Daniel
Fantastic little indoor heli (too light for outdoor except on a very calm day) but come on RED5 where are the spares? You sell U4 and U6 spares, why not U8 spares, (mine probably will need some new rota blades soon from clipping walls).
RED5 says: “Hi there Daniel, don't worry, spare parts are on their way to us and will be available to purchase soon. In the meantime if there is anything you need please feel free to contact our lovely Customer Service team and they will be happy to help :)”
U8-S 3 Channel Heli 2.4Ghz LCD - Review by unknown
- The U8-S 3 Channel Heli 2.4Ghz LCD is a great toy. It has a good reception indoors and outdoors. It can go quite high but outside it can get blown away by the wind. I recommend this toy helicopter to children 7 and up. The toy is quite fragile and light so it can break easily. It can make a good Christmas present although you have to charge it frequently for 2 hours and it can become irritating. Still its a great toy. Enjoy!