Quadcopter With LED
- Remote control quadcopter
- Suitable for indoors and calm conditions outdoors
- Easily replaceable battery
- 4 Channel flight
- 6 Axis flight
- Colourful LED lights along the arms
- Suitable for ages 15+ (intermediate or advanced pilots)
- LCD display on remote control
- Measures approx. 18cm x 18cm x 5cm
More product info
NEW AND IMPROVED! NOW WITH ADVANCED 6 AXIS STABILISATION AND LED RUNNING LIGHTS!
Imagine the coolest helicopter you've ever owned crossed with a stealth jet, and you're beginning to comprehend the awesomeness of the RC Quadcopter. The fun of flying this revolutionary indoor/outdoor flying gizmo is hard to put into words. Please check out the rather rubbish quality video (above, next to more images), you'll see a Dad happily ignoring his bleating child because he's having so much fun putting this whizz through it's paces, we can't believe how fast this puppy shifts.
The RC Quadcopter has ingenious quad rotor technology with 6 axis gyro and micro computer control for self-levelling which ensures astonishingly stable flight. It's technical, but basically it can independently control the speed of the motors in relation to one another, god knows how, but it works amazingly, and is so stable you could keep a horse in it. If you've seen the video then you already know how fast this cool piece of kit can go, if you haven't, then it's VERY VERY FAST, and the Quadcopter can change direction quicker than a politician, and wields considerably more power.
We recommend that you're an intermediate to advanced helicopter flier before you get your itching fingers on one of these beasts, and don't fly it near things you don't want to concuss. The reason we say this is that it has true four channel control, so you can zoom through all dimensions, except the next one. It'll yaw, bank, pitch and elevate both inside and out, and when you've become a maestro you can even flip through 360 degrees, yes we did say that, you're not dreaming.
It has three control modes to help train you into becoming the best. These levels help limit the sensitivity and power of the Quadcopter so you don't send it flying through the hedge in your initial burst of enthusiasm. Bright LED lights give the Quadcopter an awesome glow and indicate which way is forward. They also create a lovely effect when its zooming through the dark skies. A full charge will officially get you a good 10 minutes flying time (12-15 in our experience), and the battery pops out easily so you can keep a spare on charge.
So if you're flown helicopters and want to know what's next, hoping for something that's better, faster, more manoeuvrable and considerably cooler, then the RC Quadcopter is the answer to your prayers.
Please note: only charge via your computer/laptop USB ports or the mains charger provided.
Please note only charge this product via your computer/laptop or the UK plug supplied. If purchasing for use in a country outside the UK an additional adaptor/ converter may be required.
- Built-in gyroscope
- 500mAh 3.7v Li-po rechargeable battery (quadcopter)
- Requires 6 x AA batteries (controller)
- UK Plug Supplied
- Charges in 30-40 minutes via mains charger to give 8-10 minutes of flight time (approx.)
- 2.4Ghz wireless controller
- 1 x Quadcopter
- 1 x Remote control handset
- 1 x Set of rotors
- 1 x Li-po battery
- 1 x Mains charger
- Very Pleased Customer -I was bought this by my in-laws. I practised with it in the house, then garden to get familiar with it. The product does take some practice but it is well worth investing the time and effort into it, as you will certainly gain more from the experience. It is not the easiest flying machine, but it is so rewarding and fun to fly. Unfortunately, I suffered some minor technical issues on it's first outdoor flight. I contacted Customer Services and dealt with Ellie. All I can say is that, as good as the quadcopter is, the after sales team back up the products fantastically well. What could have been a major issue for me was promptly and professionally dealt with and turned an sad customer into a very happy one. Red5 will certainly be my first seller when I'm looking for my boy's toys in future :)
- Great -This is a great little gadget, I have enjoyed using it. Can you tell me where I could buy some spare batteries and how much they would cost?
RED5 says: “Hi there, glad to hear that you are enjoying your quadcopter. If you need batteries it may be a good idea to contact our helpful customer services team as they may have some spare ones to send to you :) ”
- - -This drone does wonders to life. Every time I lift off I feel a certain pride in myself. It's performance is outstanding and for its price, an amazing model.All the stated functions do as they are advertised and the weight of the frame, and the power of its motors are just what I expected from a quadcopter. It allows me to reach lightning speed in no time! I would really recommend that you purchase this product as it is a great experience for anyone who is wanting to try out hobby-grade quadcopters, before deciding whether to upgrade to higher end drones.
- quadcopter with led -It would be 5 star if i could find spare batteries for it but saying that very nice to fly
- perfect -this was the perfect product thank you
- A gadget fun for people of all ages -This RC Quadcopter is by far the best remote control gadget I have ever bought. Would highly recommend to others, most definitely a 5/5 star rating. It is easily controlled/handled and the structure of the machine is very strong and wearable. A gadget fun for people of all ages.
- Amazing product -I love this quad, flies very good and my first so I'm impressed. But I crashed and now one of the back rotors doesn't work. What can I do to get help?
RED5 says: “Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you are having some problems with your quadcopter. If you contact our helpful customer service team at [email protected] they should be able to help :)”
- RED5 QUADCOPTER -I had received this for a Christmas gift and what a joy to use I am looking forward to the summer to try this outdoors definitely would recommend this product to anyone good price too.
- Awesome -Always been into Rc helicopters still only a novice but have just been bought the quadcopter for Christmas by my son and it's great , Had great fun with it Christmas morning but would like another battery as waiting for it to charge is not good Would defiantly recommend this
- Excellent Fun! -The more I use it... The more fun I have..... Wide open spaces are a must when learning for the first time... I know the blurb says medium to advanced user, but I'm managing fairly well, ( as a new to flying user) ... Even if I do just slam it into downwards mode occasionaly to stop it disappearing over the distant fence Line!!!.. ( leaves big silly grin on my face every time I use it) :) I also notice from the info on this page that it suggests it can be charged from a USB port!. Where do you get an adapter cable from for this?
RED5 says: “Hi Steven, Unfortunately there isn't an adapter for this model it is just charged via the mains charger. We are glad that you are having fun with your Quadcopter though :)”
- spare batteries -i love this but trying to find spares now is getting difficult, i need a battery and charger and cant find them otherwise a great thing to fly, p s keep it away from the telly, got some loverly scratches now lol
RED5 says: “Hi there Fred, if you contact our customer service team at [email protected] they will be able to help with finding a spare battery and charger for your Quadcopter :)”
- Fab!! But.....can anyone help -Bought this for my husband and he loves it! Had it for about a year now but just had a little issue. We think one of the motors just burnt out, any ideas how to get a replacement motor? Really love this and don't want it out of action for long!
RED5 says: “Hi there Sarah, sorry to hear you are having problems with your husbands Quadcopter. Please contact us at [email protected] and we will get this sorted for you.”
- great Bday gift -This is wonderful, hard to fly at first but amazingly good when get used to it. But I was just wondering if the quad was waterproof???
RED5 says: “Hi there Joshua, unfortunately the Q4 isn't waterproof so we would recommend staying clear of water.”
- Brilliant Quad, with brilliant customer service -Bought this quad a while ago and I must say, it has survived the most damaging of crashes! The battery is removable so I have got 2. However, the frequent removal or the battery has led to the LEDs on one of the winds to stop working as the soldering that connects it has broken. Customer service has been great, sending me a free canopy when I lost mine in a tree crash. All in all, great quad!
- Great Value And Fun -This is a great quadcopter with flight sensitivity that is fine for beginners all the way up to full on flips. Only downside of the whole product is short battery life but extra batteries can be bought and I would recommend buying one.
- Let down badly. -I have had a number of 'Boys Toys' from RED5 and had great service & products in the past. Not this time. The Quadcopter would not take off. I read the instructions from cover to cover whilst the battery was charging. Followed instructions to the letter. . . .Nothing, one side lifted and the QC just scooted across the floor. I bought a spare battery to get the most out of the QC, I charged that just in case the 1st one was faulty. . . .Same thing happened. I will return it tomorrow. It is a great pity as I had 2 days to play with it.
RED5 says: “Hi there Robert, sorry to hear you are having problems with your Quadcopter - our Customer Services team will be able to get this sorted for you asap. You are welcome to give us a call or drop us an email.”
- Indoor and out -This is a good and stable copter. Having 4 rotor blades makes this copter much more stable than the standard lightweight helicopters. It even works outside in light winds. As it is a four channel copter, it can be used as training for a helicopter, and is more crash resistant (not crash proof).
- Outstanding product and aftercare. -I've purchased 2 of these, one for myself and one for a friend, it's hours of fun (with additional batteries) and easy to learn how to fly and the after care from RED5 has been outstanding. Cracked the housing pulling off stunts so a phone call to RED5 and they sent out the spares within days and always sound energetic and more than happy to help. Thanks.
- Amazing.cool.fantastic -I got one of these and I love it. The best rc I have ever had, I can see myself getting another :)
- Brilliant gift -Got this as a surprise Xmas gift. Wow awesome. Fast agile and easy to master. Got the problem of no LED on the charger though so a bit of guessing on the charging. Gonna order a few more batteries for longer playtime.
- very good -To sum it up in 3 words, excellent, amazing, cool.
- Properly excellent -I purchased this for my 8 year old Son, only because he has had several helicopters in the past and is a very good pilot! The quality of the copter is superb and once you have it trimmed properly it is very stable and highly manoeuvrable. What I particularly like is you can alter the sensitivity of the control so you can get used to it before starting any tricks or stunts. My son of course crashed a few times but no damage to speak of, I recommend a second battery as a trip to the park became 30 mins of flying rather than 10-15. Customer service excellent as always. A great toy for adults and children but you really do need space, need a very large indoor space if flying indoors. By the way this thing went so high outside I almost lost sight of it!!
- Love it! -Bought this today and love it 200%! Only downside is the 10 min flight time. Also, my charger doesn't have the LED indicator to tell me when it is charging/finished (red/green) as described in the manual? Can anyone from RED5 help?
RED5 says: “Hi there Kelvin, please contact our lovely customer service team and they will be able to help you :).”
- Great Toy. Even Better Customer Service -Totally LOVE this! It takes only a few hours to learn competently. What really did it for me was the customer service at RED5. I managed to crash the quad a few times during and broke one of the cogs. Couldn't find a replacement part on this site so I emailed RED5 at 8 am. Got a reply from customer service at half 10 am. Less than 24 hours later they sent me the part free of charge. VERY impressed! Thanks to Emma. I would definitely be using RED5 again.
- Fantastic gadget -Bought this recently and am not disappointed. It has crashed into walls, radiators, ceilings, people fairly regularly during the first 12 minute or so flight.Nothing broken yet and we are beginning to get the hang of it. Terrifies the dog that is always a plus :) Highly recommended..... but try it outside in calm conditions on your first flights, not as we did...
- Heaps of fun! -My girlfriend bought me the RED5 Quadcopter as a \"stocking filler\" for my birthday and it's incredibly good fun! It all looks a bit fragile and flimsy in the box but it's designed to be light-weight and manoeuvrable and is actually incredibly tough. Mine ended up belly-up on concrete from 20ft on it's maiden flight, where it has been on countless occasions since and, after flipping back over, seems to suffer little more than few scuffs. Despite some punishment I've yet to snap any blades but they're easily replaceable and there's a spare set in the box. If you need more spares they are pretty cheap from the RED5 web site, along with replacement arms, spare batteries etc. It is 4-channel remote control so takes some mastering so you will be grateful for the sensitivity modes. That said, I would advise you IGNORE the advice in the instructions, which recommend you start at the default setting of 20%, which lacks responsiveness so you don't really have much control over it or get visual feedback from the aircraft quickly enough to know what effect your actions are having. While you might want to avoid the full-on 100% sensitivity mode for some time (unless you are a complete nutter!) I'd recommend starting at 40% for the first few flights to get a feel for the controls then get to grips with flying it at 60% for a good balance between control and out-and-out mayhem! Takes some practice to get to grips with but doesn't require a PhD either! Overall, an excellent bit of kit which is loads of fun.
- Awesome piece of kit!!! -My 1st copter, at least 100 crashes before it costing me 5 quid to fix! Need a new arm as about a quarter of the plastic cog that turns the propeller has snapped off from falling at least 40ft, still flies though :) Buy one, you wont be let down!!!!!
- Once you get the hang of it. -Really fast delivery, ordered it on thursday, it came friday, its great. Once you get the hang of it its quite enjoyable, too windy to play with it outside atm, but perfect indoors, the trick is to turn the control upside down, as all the controls are inverted, easy. Worth every penny :D
- Quadcopter - WOW!!! -This is my first helicopter - it's really easy to fly and such great fun. Out of the box, turned on and flew around the lounge. I crashed a few times - which is expected - but this proved the strength of the helicopter. My son then had a go (he has flown real aircraft) and was whizzing all around and doing loops... show off!! He told me it requires more subtlety... Now, after a few days, I can fly and hover without hitting the walls. Can't wait for slightly better weather to get this outdoors. You do need to order more batteries though as 10 minutes is not enough \"play time\". Highly recommend this for anyone \"over 50\" - and under of course.
- Hard, but fun!! -This is as good a 'copter you can get for the money. You will not be bored - it takes too much concentration to be bored. The video makes this look easy to fly - it's not. It will take practice, space and more practice. Once you manage to fly around a room and land it where you started, you will feel as if you have achieved a massive milestone. One thing to note - make sure that it is on a flat and level surface when you connect the battery or the gyro will be off and it will not fly properly. Enjoy many hours of flight.
- You Wont Regret It !!!!! -With great enthusiasm I unboxed the copter and transmitter, installed the batteries to the transmitter (not included) and placed the copter battery on charge (included and mine came charged ready). Make sure you plug the battery into the copter while it is on a flat surface so the Gyro knows up really is up!! Turn the transmitter on and off you go. I have had three flights already and can't wait for my fourth, the Quadcopter is fast and agile and I have successfully managed a few barrel rolls!!!! Great fun even in a small area. Thanks RED5!
- quadcopter -Yes at last I`ve got one - what a lot of fun for such a small price...kids got me for Christmas, only testing.... seems to work very well...Dad... Roy Holmes.. thanks RED5....
- Awesome! -This is easily the best remote control toy I've ever played with. Given space, it's unbelievably fast and yet easy to hold full control over. It's also able to perform barrel-rolls and loops when the controls are at their most advanced setting.