Retro Arcade Kit
- Create a fun retro gamer from Haynes
- Features the iconic Pong table tennis game
- Includes all the components necessary
- Practice your soldering and learn about circuits
- Ideal for electronic whizz kids aged 14 and over
- Approx. 10 hours of gaming time
- Requires 3 x AA batteries (not included)
More product info
Rewind your mind and come with us on a journey of gaming history. Imagine yourself in cord dungarees, watching Tiswas on the telly and looking forward to munching on some Arctic Roll for your pudding. If you were incredibly lucky you would get to spend your day (and your pocket money) down at the arcades playing all the coolest new games with your friends.
This awesome Retro Arcade Kit from Haynes gives you a chance to build your very own piece of gaming history complete with that funky seventies feeling. Part Pong, part Raspberry Pi, this build it yourself construction kit is fantastic for electronic enthusiasts and nostalgic gamers alike.
Practice your soldering by connecting variable resisters, circuit boards and a battery board to create this fantastic two player gamer complete with coin slot and controller knobs for that perfectly retro feeling. Once built, you can play Pong all day long with speed altering settings, a 120 LED screen and the ability to check out your score as you play. Every component you need is included in this kit, all you need is a soldering iron and some wire cutters to get you on the road to old school gaming!
Please note: A soldering iron and wire cutters are required.
- Microcontroller circuit board with LED Display (ATmega8-Controller; 120 LED matric)
- 2 x 10kΩ linear potentiometers
- 2 x Knobs with grub screw fixings
- 2 x Pre-cut bare wires
- 4 x Double-sided adhesive dots
- Battery compartment for 3 x AA batteries
- Insulated stranded hook-up wire
- Plastic mounting housing
- Plastic screen diffuser
- Printed box/casing with magnetic closure
- Illustrated instruction booklet