Terms & Conditions
Welcome to RED5.CO.UK. By accessing the website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions regardless of whether you register with us or place an order.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this Website.
Registered / Head Office: RED5 Retail Limited is a trading name of Gift Universe Limited, The Atrium Business Centre, Curtis Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1XA
Company Registration Number: 05469356
VAT Registration Number: 945794274
If you need to contact RED5 please go to the contact us page by
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered. The fact that you receive an automatic order acknowledgement does not necessarily mean that we will be able to fulfil your order.
Our acceptance of an order takes place when we despatch the order. We will send you a despatch confirmation by email. When we despatch the order the purchase contract will be made, even if your payment has been processed prior to despatch, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order.
We may refuse to accept an order:
- where goods are not available;
- where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
- if there has been a pricing or product description error;
- if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
Payment & Security
Orders may be processed online, using a credit or debit card (currently VISA, MasterCard, Delta and Switch/Solo) or via PayPal.
To ensure that shopping online is secure, when paying by credit/debit card your details will be encrypted using the 128-bit SSL Software. We have chosen to use Sage Pay as our payment gateway. Sage Pay ensure that all your credit card details are encrypted and sent securely between you, your bank and RED5. RED5 does not store any of your payment details on our Website.
Your credit card company may also carry out additional security checks. In the event your card is declined please contact your card issuer to authorise the transaction.
We may feel the need to carry out additional security checks to help protect both RED5 and its customers. In these cases we may ask for additional proof of ID such as your Bank Authorisation code for this transaction, a driving licence or utility bill. You will be contacted either by email or by phone if this is necessary.
Pricing, Descriptions and Availability
Prices shown on the website are inclusive of VAT at the appropriate rate. Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. If you have already received the goods we ask that you send them back to us, upon receipt we will issue a full refund and any costs you in incur in returning the item.
Contract cancellation under the EU Consumer Rights Directive:
You are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish provided that you exercise your right and notify us no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive your order.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract after your order has already been despatched, we will refund the original purchase price and delivery charge, provided that you have notified us in writing no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the order, and that you have taken reasonable care of the products and not used them.
Please note that your right to return Products does NOT apply to products which fall into the following categories unless they are faulty or not as described:
- Made to measure or personalised goods
- Perishable goods (such as flowers and chocolates).
- Unsealed software, CDs, DVDs.
For help returning items please to go to our Returns section.
- Gift Vouchers can be redeemed on our website www.RED5.co.uk
- If the value of your order exceeds the amount of the gift voucher the balance can be paid by credit, debit card or PayPal.
- You can combine one or more gift vouchers to redeem against an order.
- Gift Vouchers and unused portions of gift vouchers expire one year from the date of issue, where permissible under applicable law.
- Any unused balance will be held against the gift voucher and can be redeemed up to one year after issue.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used to pay for gift vouchers.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be applied to orders that have already been placed with RED5.co.uk
- Gift Vouchers have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- General RED5 terms and conditions of purchase and use of the RED5.co.uk website apply.
- Some products available for sale on the RED5.co.uk website may not be purchased by persons under a specified age. If you are planning to give a gift voucher to someone under 18 years of age, please make them aware that some products are unavailable to purchase by them.
We use Royal Mail and DPD as our couriers and have various delivery options including guaranteed next day delivery. Please to see our delivery options and pricing.
- Orders are despatched either by Royal Mail or by courier. Our couriers require a signature and operate between 9am and 5pm on weekdays, so please specify an address where someone will be able to sign for your Order between these hours, alternatively have your Order delivered to your work address. Our courier services are fully trackable.
- Please note that while items sent by Royal Mail usually arrive within 1-3 days, Royal Mail stipulate that only items still not delivered after 10 working days can be officially classified as lost.
- RED5 will make every effort to deliver within the time stated but we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
- Delivery outside the EU may be subject to local import taxes, which are your responsibility where they apply. If so, the shipping company should advise you the charges due or else you should consult your local customs office.
- The above does affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
In addition to the EU Consumer Rights Directive, you can return any unwanted item within 14 days of receipt for a refund or 30 days for exchange.
For returns made outside the EU Consumer Rights Directive, we will refund the value of the goods returned to us, at the price you purchased them.
In all cases of unwanted items, the products returned should be in their original condition, complete with any instruction booklets, software and packaging. All goods will be inspected on return. In cases where the value of the returned goods has diminished as a result of handling which goes beyond what would be possible in a store, we are entitled to recover any amount up to the full contract price. Certain products and services are excluded from this returns policy, including food/perishable items, personalised products or those made to order. These items cannot be returned for a refund unless faulty. Products excluded such as these are clearly marked on the product information page.
RED5 will refund the cost of your original delivery fee where we are at fault, however for unwanted items we shall not refund the original delivery fee unless you contact us within 14 days of receipt of the item when the EU Consumer Rights Directive applies. Where you are cancelling your order within this cooling-off period we will refund the cost of the item and the cheapest delivery cost offered of sending the item to you as follows:
- where you are returning an item that was part of a larger order, we will refund any specific delivery charges that you incurred for that item.
- where you are returning your entire order, we will refund the delivery charge.
- where we collect an item from you, we reserve the right to recover the costs of collection from you.
- if you use our FREEPOST address, we may deduct the return postage from your refund.
We will not refund the cost of gift-wrapping, your costs in returning the item to us and other services provided to you in connection with your purchase (eg. Express Delivery) unless you are returning the item to us because of an error on our part (or because it is defective).
We will make the refund directly to the credit/debit card or Pay Pal account used to place the original order within 14 days of receipt or earlier, once we have inspected the returned item and are satisfied that it has been returned to us in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
The goods are your responsibility until they reach our Warehouse. Please ensure you package your items carefully to prevent any damage to the items or boxes. We are not responsible for any items that are returned to us in error.
We recommend you use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt (such as Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery) and which insures you for the cost of the items being returned, as in the rare event of the parcel going missing you are responsible for the returned products until they reach us.
Please go to our Returns section for instructions on how to return your items by .
The above does not affect your statutory rights.
Here at RED5 we take the security of our customer’s details very seriously and as such have measures in place both on our website when creating an account and when taking payment to ensure your details are kept safe.
3D Secure – this is an extra page that you will see after you have entered your card details that is provided by your card issuer. For some card issuers this is not compulsory but we would recommend that you sign up for this service to provide yourself with an extra level of security when purchasing items online.
We use the highest level of encryption on our website to ensure you stay safe online – we have EVSSL certificates which means we have 2048 bit encryption instead of the standard 1024 bit so you can be sure shopping with us online is safe.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com.
RED5 complies with The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive) which was introduced into UK law in January 2007 by the Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment Regulations 2006. The WEEE Directive aims to reduce the amount of electrical and electronic equipment being produced and to encourage everyone to reuse, recycle and recover it. The WEEE Directive also aims to improve the environmental performance of businesses that manufacture, supply, use, recycle and recover electrical, electronic equipment and batteries.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment and batteries will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
How you can help!
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items and batteries. Simply take your items into any of our stores and we will recycle them free of charge for you. Alternatively you can always send them back to us here via the postal service. You can find your nearest store by clicking here.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin.
If you have any questions about this scheme, just ask a member of staff in-store or get in touch.
Copyright & Trademark Licence
You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own use on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
- no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text; and
- any of our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with the clause above for any purpose is prohibited. All images taken from this website must only be used in promotion of RED5 and must not be used to promote another website or product (including but not limited to Amazon or eBay). If you breach any of the terms in these terms and conditions, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website.
Subject to the above, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
RED5 may modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
RED5.CO.UK may also terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of RED5.CO.UK upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
Termination shall be without prejudice to RED5’s other rights.
RED5 acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
If RED5 does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a continuing waiver.
In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at RED5’s option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties' intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and RED5 and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract proposed.
Since RED5 principally deals with the UK and EU market, we cannot guarantee that it accords with local laws of any other countries (though we will try to make sure it does).
Under current UK legislation it is an offence to sell knives and certain bladed or pointed articles to persons under 18 years of age. When purchasing these products (or other age-restricted products, such as Alcohol) we will ask you to confirm that you are of the age legally required. Where payment is made by you using methods other than Visa/Mastercard there may be a delay to your order while we verify your age and you may be required to send us proof of age. By placing an order for these products, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
RED5 has endeavoured to ensure that all product descriptions and photographs are as accurate as possible.
RED5 does not give any guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any third parties services.
Because of the nature of the Internet, RED5 provides and maintains RED5.CO.UK on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we make no promise that use of RED5.CO.UK will be uninterrupted or wholly error free. We are not responsible if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
Our website contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You will be responsible for any breach of these terms by you and if you use RED5.CO.UK in breach of these terms you will be liable to and will reimburse us for any loss or damage caused as a result.
These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall they exclude or limit RED5’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
RED5 will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
Please read the instructions, manuals and other user documentation that come with your products carefully. You are urged to use all products safely and in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer which are available to you.
Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, RED5 excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to RED5 and RED5 shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on RED5.CO.UK.
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of RED5.CO.UK or any Product purchased through RED5.CO.UK.
- any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use the RED5.CO.UK website or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control;
- any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading RED5.CO.UK , or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from RED5.CO.UK or its licensees and affiliates;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties to which RED5 link and web sites located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to 'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.